- Variety 100% Chardonnay, in limestone soil.
- ageing Aged for 16 months, of which 12 to 13 months in barrels (about 20% new barrels).
- tasting A pale yellow robe with nuances of gold; the nose combines minerality and yellow fruit; velvety on the palate, well-balanced with a worthy finish.
- serving guide 12 to 14 degrees.
- food pairing As an aperitif, or paired with poultry in sauce.
- LAYING DOWN Drink within 5 years.
Saint-Aubin 1er Cru « Sur Gamay »
Saint Aubin is situated in the heart of the Côte des Blancs, between Chassagne-Montrachet and Puligny-Montrachet; white wines and red wines are produced here but Chardonnay remains predominant.
The St Aubin appellation covers a wide area, with an altitude ranging from 300 to 450 metres, and with very varied expositions and soils, which makes each climat unique.
As the name suggests, the climat of Sur Gamay overlooks the hamlet of Gamay. It is south/south-west-facing.