- Variety 100% Chardonnay, in limestone soil.
- ageing Aged for 16 months, of which 12 months in barrels (about 15% new barrels).
- tasting A beautiful golden robe; the nose, a mix of white flowers and flint; on the palate, a nice balance between freshness, tension and smoothness.
- serving guide 12 to 14 degrees.
- food pairing Enjoy with warm goat’s cheese, vol-au-vents, or an oven-baked fish dish.
- LAYING DOWN Drink within 5 years.
Saint-Aubin 1er Cru « Les Combes au Sud »
Saint Aubin is situated in the heart of the Côte des Blancs, between Chassagne-Montrachet and Puligny-Montrachet; white wines and red wines are produced here but Chardonnay remains predominant.
The St Aubin appellation covers a wide area, with an altitude ranging from 300 to 450 metres, and with very varied expositions and soils, which makes each climat unique.
The Les Combes au Sud climat adjoins the premiers crus of the Chassagne-Montrachet appellation. This parcel has an eastern aspect.