- Variety A 100% Chardonnay, in a clay-limestone soil.
- ageing Ageing takes place in oak barrels, of which 25% are new, for about twelve months. This is followed by a few months in stainless steel vats to stabilise the wine before bottling.
- tasting A beautifully transparent and brilliant robe; the nose, a subtle mix of citrus fruits, butter and honey; with a long finish.
- serving guide 14 to 16 degrees.
- food pairing Pairs with a noble fish, or white meat in sauce.
- LAYING DOWN Drink within 5 years.
Meusault« Clos du Cromin »
Meursault, the world-renowned appellation, has produced mostly fine white wines for centuries.
The wines of the estate come from the "Le Cromin" locality, situated in the north-east of the appellation, close to the Volnay vineyard, in rich, clay, not very pebbly soil.