- Variety 100% Chardonnay in iron-rich clay-limestone soil.
- ageing Aged for 16 months, of which 12 to 13 months in barrels.
- tasting A golden robe; the nose, a subtle mix of white flower and honey notes; full-bodied and well-structured on the palate.
- serving guide 12 to 14 degrees.
- food pairing The sweetness of the Chardonnay on the palate makes an interesting pairing with cooked foie gras; it also sits well with lobster, spiny lobster, or even morel mushroom dumplings or Bresse chicken in a cream sauce.
- LAYING DOWN Drink within 8 years.
Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru « Morgeot »
The Chassagne-Montrachet appellation is located in the southern part of the Côte de Beaune and produces mainly white wines.
The Morgeot climat is located to the south of the village, characterised by compact limestone soil containing iron oxide, which gives the Chassagne earth its particular red-brown colour.